Purple Robot Software, Inc. (“PRS”)
How We Collect and Use Information
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you provide us directly:
- We ask for certain information such as your full name and e-mail address when you register for a HiveLink account, or if you correspond with us. We may also retain any messages you send through our webpage chat service. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. Your real name will only be published publicly through HiveLink model webpages that you choose to make public.
- Analytics information:
- We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools and services, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
- HiveLink input and output result data information we receive from your users:
- We store the input data associated with an end-user request to process information, and any subsequent output result data associated with those requests. Each HiveLink model has a unique data structure and as such the users’ input data is stored in a blog storage format along with its structure metadata. The structure and the data are both meaningless to us and so we do not inspect or mine this data.
- Spreadsheets uploaded by you:
- Any user spreadsheets you upload for your users to access will be stored by us. We do not inspect these or use them in any way, other than sharing them directly with your users. We do not share these with anybody other than the users you explicitly allow through usage invitations. We do not own the rights to the intellectual property associated with these spreadsheets.
- Commercial and marketing communications:
- We use the information we collect or receive, such as your email address, to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing service notifications (eg., HiveLink model errors that need your attention), service updates (eg., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the service, technical and security notices), and subscription offers. If you want to opt out of any of these emails you can send us an email at email@example.com requesting to deactive your account.
Sharing of Your Information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside PRS and its group companies (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) without your consent, except as noted below:
- HiveLink models and user invitations:
- We may share your contact details and full name with the users that you invite to use or view your HiveLink models. We may also provide them with access to any spreadsheets you have provided to us for the purpose of sharing with them only when consented to by you. We may send emails to people on your behalf when you invite them to access your spreadsheets and also for the purposes of service notifications.
- What happens in the event of a change of control:
- We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company.
- Instances where we are required to share your information:
- Sharing certain service type information we collect about you:
- We may share certain service type information, such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.): (i) with our third-party business partners for the purposes described in the section above on “How We Collect and Use Information.” We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties. This does not include the input and output data associated with your users and your models.
How We Store and Protect Your Information
- Storage and Processing:
- Keeping your information safe:
- PRS cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. We use SSL/TLS for all web communication on our web pages and our desktop applications. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from PRS, at all times. However, PRS cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit through HiveLink or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Compromise of information:
- In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, PRS will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
How long we keep your private profile information
- Following termination of your User account, PRS may retain your private profile information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
- We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe, deactivation, and deletion requests.